* Born in a small town in western Pennsylvania, she spent summers at beautiful Canadohta Lake -- near Lake Erie
* Graduated from St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland (the great books school) with a Liberal Arts BA and a starter marriage.
* Received an MA from The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland from the Writing Seminars
* Lived in Oregon, Chicago, Washington, DC, and New York City
* Married the wonderful Lawrence Light, a financial editor and suspense author
* She has reviewed films and plays for the Chicago Reader, worked for Encyclopaedia Britannica, Congressional Research Service, the New York City Mayor's Office of Film & Broadcasting, and Mount Sinai Medical Center, where she ran the hospital website
* She worked as a copywriter for Saatchi & Saatchi, writing advertising for Big Pharma. She still freelances with other major NYC ad agencies